Position: Administrative Assistant
Department: Coastal Georgia Office
Reports to: Office Manager, Coastal Georgia Office
Job Type: Full-Time/Non-Exempt
The State Bar of Georgia seeks a highly-motivated individual to join our team and provide administrative office support to the Coastal Georgia Office Manager and assist in the day to day operations of the Coastal Georgia Office.
- Answering telephone calls from Bar members and members of the public.
- Providing members of the public with information on attorney referral services from local and voluntary bar associations.
- Use Outlook Web email to send and receive meeting room reservation forms.
- Maintaining the office’s electronic calendar for events being held at this location.
- Maintain statistics for the office using Microsoft Excel.
- Assisting members with printing and making copies of legal documents.
- Keeping inventory of office supplies and refilling them as needed throughout the office; able to make orders for critical supplies if office manager is unavailable.
- Facilitate testing and use of videoconference equipment.
- Assisting members with utilizing wireless presentation system.
- Assist members with setting up conference calls.
- Performs other work related duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of word processing and other programs such as Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and Excel.
- Knowledge of other technologies in the office: telephone system, Click Share, projectors and screens, and videoconference equipment.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Ability to work well with others.
- Ability to multi-task and effectively prioritize.
- Available to provide timely attention to the public, State Bar members, volunteers and staff.
- College degree preferred and/or 2+ years’ experience in office administration.
- Send an email with your resume attached to firstname.lastname@example.org on or before Friday, Aug. 6.
- In the subject line of the email, type “Admin Asst Coastal GA”
- Please attach a cover letter explaining your interest in the position, your experience, your availability for an interview and the best method of contact.
You will receive an automated response confirming receipt of your submission. Please do not send additional inquiries, we will contact you for an interview if we feel you are a viable candidate.
back to top of page
Find judicial vacancy and government attorney positions here.
The State Bar of Georgia is a smoke-free environment.