Executive Assistant, Institute of Continuing Legal Education (ICLE)
Position: Executive Assistant
Department: Institute of Continuing Legal Education (ICLE)
Supervisor: Director, Institute of Continuing Legal Education (ICLE)
Job Type: Full-Time / Non-Exempt
Location: Downtown Atlanta
Nature of Work:
The executive assistant for the Institute of Continuing Legal Education (ICLE) provides support in a one-on-one working relationship with the director. The executive assistant will have the ability to work independently on projects, from conception to completion, and must be able to work under pressure at times to handle a wide variety of activities. This is an analytical administrative position that consists of compiling, drafting and revising programmatic procedures, informational materials and statistical data.
- Manage daily schedule and calendar of director.
- Schedule meetings and appointments.
- Serve as director’s administrative liaison to ICLE Board.
- Assist with the coordination and execution of director-led programs.
- Collaborate with departments within the organization.
- Assist with creation and maintenance of department resource materials, policies and procedures.
- Work with senior staff, Board members and executive level volunteers.
- Prepare internal and external documents for team members and industry partners.
- Assist with director’s expense reimbursements.
- Perform such other activities and responsibilities as assigned by the director in furtherance of the goals of the Program.
The duties listed are intended only as an illustration of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements or duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or a logical assignment to the position. The position requires physical labor, to include lifting or standing for extended periods of time, as well as the ability to work early mornings, weekends, and evenings, as needed.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent interpersonal and strong communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Mastery of English grammar, punctuation, spelling and diction.
- Analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work quickly and efficiently with keen attention to detail.
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and multitask.
- Self-starter with the ability to take initiative.
- Self-assurance; professional appearance and demeanor.
- Ability to work well with diverse groups.
- Some knowledge of basic accounting functions preferred.
- Ability to learn new technology and systems quickly.
- Familiarity with legal system and profession.
- Ability to recruit and manage volunteers.
- Graphic design capabilities (preferred).
- Bachelor’s degree required. Advanced degree in Nonprofit Management or comparable experience preferred.
- Three or more years progressive office experience as administrative or executive assistant or its equivalent.
- Prior work experience in law firms, government legal departments or bar associations.
- Project coordination experience.
- Paralegal training/prior experience as a paralegal (preferred).
- Mastery of Microsoft Office applications: Access, Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- High Proficiency in Adobe Professional, and other programs that could assist the Department in being more efficient;
- Proficiency in SQL, social media, organization and time management applications.
Occasional in-state travel may be required. Travel expenses reimbursed pursuant to State Bar policies and procedures.
Hours of Work:
37.5 hours per week
Rate of Pay:
Commensurate with experience.
How to Apply:
Please follow the below directions completely.
- Send an email attaching your resume and reference list containing three references to: ICLECareers@gabar.org. In the subject line of the email, type “ICLE Executive Assistant”.
- The body of your email should be your cover letter explaining your interest in the position and the legal industry, your experience, your availability for an interview and the best method of contact.
- You will receive an automated response confirming receipt of your submission. Please do not send additional inquiries, we will contact you for an interview if you are a viable candidate.
Aug. 9, 2019
The State Bar of Georgia is a smoke-free environment.