Assistant Grievance Counsel
The Office of the General Counsel, State Bar of Georgia, is hiring an Assistant Grievance Counsel to handle the initial investigation and screening of grievances filed against lawyers and to provide ethics advice to lawyers. Must be a member of the State Bar of Georgia with at least 3 years' experience. Excellent communication skills, sound judgment, even temperament and computer literacy required. To apply, send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com. The Office of the General Counsel is a nonsmoking office. No calls, please.
Job Title: Membership Administrator
Reports to: Assistant Director of Membership
Starting Salary: $36,000
Responsibilities: Provides administrative support to the 48,000 members of the State Bar of Georgia.
- Four year degree in Business or related field or comparable experience
- 3-5 years general administrative experience
- excellent customer services skills, computer skills and some knowledge of accounting functions.
- Responsible for responding to attorney questions by phone and by email. Resolves issues of medium complexity related to dues and Bar policies.
- Ensures accurate and timely entry of several hundred address changes into the database each year.
- Processes database changes necessary to complete name change requests from attorneys due to marriage or divorce.
- Processes desktop credit card payments in an accurate and timely manner.
- Processes contents of SunTrust backup envelope in a timely and accurate manner.
- Investigates and resolves returned U.S. mail and emails.
- Reviews new member enrollment packages for accuracy, completes data entry and provides attorney with Bar number.
- Scans and attaches new member enrollment form to database record.
- Distributes department mail.
- Supports Director and Assistant Director in any assigned responsibilities.
Send resumes to: firstname.lastname@example.org